3 Divorce Mediation Questions
Are you going through the divorce process and have questions? Check out these 3 divorce mediation questions that we are often asked, then call our office.
1) What is Divorce Mediation?
Divorce mediation is a process whereby our clients negotiate their own agreement with a mediator, and usually with the help of a divorce lawyer, each party having a separate lawyer. It is a process that I describe as forward looking and solution setting versus litigation, which is backwards looking and blame laying. Mediation is much more peaceful than any other process that you can engage in. It is also less expensive. That being said, it’s neither easy nor cheap, but it is much less expensive and much more peaceful than litigation.
2) Is Divorce Mediation Right For You?
The range of cases that we send to mediation is broad. The issues are varied. The complexities and emotional level are also quite varied. Over the course of the past 20 years, I have found more and more of my clientele asking to go to mediation, and that has even further broadened the type of cases that we send out. Unless domestic violence is an issue, every case can start in mediation. Not every case will finish there. It may prove to be too difficult, but it is usually worth trying.
3) How Does Divorce Mediation Work in NYS?
- Divorce Mediation is viewed as forward-looking and solution-setting, whereas Divorce Litigation is backwards-looking
- There are numerous mediators in New York State, and they can assist you in obtaining a less contentious Divorce that you can obtain through the Litigation process
- You do not need to spend substantial sums on legal assistance when going through Mediation
If you are going through the divorce process and need help, check out these 3 divorce mediation questions for guidance. Then, contact our Saratoga Divorce Mediation Attorneys to get started on your case.
Like us on Facebook