3 Uncontested Divorce Questions
Are you going through the divorce process and need help? Check out these 3 uncontested divorce questions that are commonly asked, then give us a call.
1. What is the Process for an Uncontested Divorce in New York State?
- You must have a written agreement on all of the issues that need to be resolved, as well as 211 divorce documents
- Your attorney will help you draft the divorce agreement
- Visit nydivorcenow.com for assistance with becoming a client, and preparing Divorce paperwork
2. What are the Differences Between a Contested and an Uncontested Divorce in NYS?
- A Contested Divorce is a Divorce where the parties do not agree on all of the issues that need to be resolved for a Divorce to be finalized
- Those issues include the basis for Divorce, child support and custody, division of assets, and spousal maintenance
- If even one of those issues is not agreed upon, your Divorce will be Contested.
3. Do I Need a Separation Agreement to get an Uncontested Divorce?
- A judgment of Divorce must include the resolution of the basis for the Divorce, the division of assets, spousal maintenance, child custody, and child support
- You can solve these issues with a trial and a written decision from a judge
- You can go to court and place an oral stipulation on the open record, which is then transcribed for your Attorney
Have you or a loved one been going through the divorce process and need guidance? After checking out these 3 uncontested divorce questions that we are often asked, contact our Saratoga Uncontested Divorce Attorneys to schedule a consultation.