4 Child Support Tips
Do you have questions about child support? Check out these 4 child support tips for guidance, then contact our Saratoga attorneys today.
Financial Disclosure Affidavit
Every party is required to produce what’s called compulsory financial disclosure. This includes a financial disclosure affidavit, which will lay out your income, your expenses, your assets, and your liabilities. In addition, you would be required to file your most recently filed tax return and pay stub.
Paying Child Support if You Become Full Custody Holder
As an Albany Child Custody Attorney I am often asked about stopping child support if you become the full custody holder. The best thing to do is contact the family court and have your payments terminated. Even if custody changes you are still viewed as owing that money. I advise clients as an Albany Child Custody Attorney that the only way to just stop paying is if you direct pay the child’s mother, but we still recommend going through family court.
My Spouse Received a Bonus, How Does That Calculate with Child Support
- Some courts will assess Child Support based on the base income alone, and will add a prevision each time a bonus is made
- Other courts will simply assess child support based upon the entire income from the prior year, or an average of the last 2 or 3 years
- The party that receives the bonus is paying support on all income, including anticipated bonuses, which may not be fair
My Ex is Not Paying Child Support
- If your ex isn’t paying court-ordered child support, a petition for enforcement of support should be filed in family court.
- Consult with an experienced attorney for guidance in taking the appropriate steps.
- If the support order was incorporated into a judgment of divorce, that agreement or judgment may contain specific language governing first steps.
Are you going through the divorce process or separation and have questions about child support? After reading these 4 child support tips, contact our Saratoga Child Support Attorneys to schedule a legal case evaluation and get started on your claim.
Like us on Facebook