Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer on How to Modify an Out of State Custody Order

As a dedicated Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer, I have often helped clients modify an out of state child custody order to suit New York’s.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide

  • An issuing state retains jurisdiction to modify its own order; therefore, absent certain circumstances, it can be difficult to modify an out-of-state order.
  • Often, while one party continues to reside there, the issuing state will retain jurisdiction.
  • If the court determines that New York has become the appropriate state to modify the order – or if neither party, nor the child, resides in the issuing state – an out-of-state order may be modified.

Did you move to NY, and wish to enforce your child support order?  Contact experienced Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer Jennifer Sunderlin Morton for navigation.

This educational video was brought to you by Jennifer Sunderlin Morton, an experienced Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer in Clifton Park.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide