Saratoga Child Support Lawyer on Changing a Support Order Because of Job Loss

As an experienced Saratoga Child Support Lawyer, I am most often asked what to do if a child support order needs to be changed because of loss of job.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide

  • The most important thing to do if a lost job makes it necessary to modify or reduce a child support order is file a petition to modify support in the family court as soon as possible.
  • Time is of the essence here, because any reduction in support will be retroactive only to the petition’s filing date.
  • Support is not automatically reduced. It is up to the payer to file a petition to make the court aware of the circumstances so that a proposed modification can be addressed.

Did you lose your job and need to make a change in your support order?  Contact knowledgeable Saratoga Child Support Lawyer Jennifer Sunderlin Morton for help.

This educational video was brought to you by Jennifer Sunderlin Morton, an experienced Saratoga Child Support Lawyer in Clifton Park.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide