As an experienced Saratoga Divorce Attorney, I am often asked how long it takes to get divorced.
- How long it takes to obtain a judgment of divorce depends upon the case.
- Our general time frames indicate that a high-conflict case – in which every issue is litigated, obtaining documents is difficult, or one party throws financial equity roadblocks in the way – can take a year or longer.
- A case involving relatively discrete issues that are concrete and easily ascertained can be completed in six months or less.
- New York’s Office of Court Administration attempts to impose time frames for completion of cases.
- Non-complex cases are expected to be completed in six months or less, while complex cases take longer. When more time is needed, the court system and the judges are fairly understanding about what needs to be done and why.
Are you looking for a quick and painless divorce? Contact dedicated Saratoga Divorce Attorney Jean Mahserjian to guide you.
Out of Town Legal Resources
We found a Stillwater Family Law Attorney that has done a great job creating educational content. If you ever need help with a family law claim in Oklahoma, we recommend you take a look at this website.
We found these Media Divorce Lawyers that has done a great job creating educational content. If you need help with a divorce claim in Media, we recommend you take a look at this website.