As an experienced Saratoga Divorce Attorney, I am often asked how long it takes to get divorced.
- How long it takes to obtain a judgment of divorce depends upon the case.
- Our general time frames indicate that a high-conflict case – in which every issue is litigated, obtaining documents is difficult, or one party throws financial equity roadblocks in the way – can take a year or longer.
- A case involving relatively discrete issues that are concrete and easily ascertained can be completed in six months or less.
- New York’s Office of Court Administration attempts to impose time frames for completion of cases.
- Non-complex cases are expected to be completed in six months or less, while complex cases take longer. When more time is needed, the court system and the judges are fairly understanding about what needs to be done and why.
Are you looking for a quick and painless divorce? Contact dedicated Saratoga Divorce Attorney Jean Mahserjian to guide you.
Out of Town Legal Resources
We primarily help people New York State, but we are constantly looking for quality attorneys and online resources that can help people in other parts of the country. We found a firm in Stillwater, OK that helps with Family Law issues. They have created a lot of great online educational resources. If you ever need to get divorced in Oklahoma check out their Oklahoma Divorce Guide.