Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer on Changing Your Child’s Name

As a dedicated Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer, I am often asked how you can change your child’s last name to match yours.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide

  • To change your child’s name to match yours, first file a petition in the Supreme Court and serve the other parent with notice of your petition.
  • The court will not grant a petition to change a child’s name if the other parent is alive, can be found, and objects to the proposed name change.
  • If the other parent objects, the court will not grant the petition.

Are you looking to change your child’s last name?  Contact experienced Saratoga Child Custody Lawyer Jennifer Sunderlin Morton for guidance.

This educational video was brought to you by Jennifer Sunderlin Morton, an experienced Saratoga Child Custody Attorney in Clifton Park.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide



Out of Town Legal Resources

We always like to help people in other areas whenever possible. While we primarily practice in New York, we found these lawyers in Arizona that address a lot of common child custody questions with their online educational guides and videos. If you or someone you know has questions about child custody in Arizona, look at this law firm in Phoenix, AZ.