Saratoga Divorce Attorney Discusses Post Divorce Child Custody

Saratoga Divorce AttorneyQuestion:

I went through a long divorce and custody batter with my ex-wife. Now since everything has been finalized she and her family Is having issues exchanging custody of the kids. Every time I go pick up the kids there is issue. It came to a point where now I’m getting life threats by my ex brother-in-law’s. I actually had to take Order of protection against them last time I went to exchange custody and they showed up instead to my ex.
I have a court hearing coming up and I need to know how to proceed with it

Download Our Free Divorce Guide


As an experienced Saratoga Divorce Attorney, I am often handle situations like this.  You can file a Violation Petition to address the issue of disruptive exchange of the children.You stated that you have a Hearing coming up. What is this Hearing for? It is difficult to give you more guidance on how to prepare because I do not have enough information. I would recommend meeting with an attorney. If you aren’t interested in hiring an attorney, simply contacting an attorney for a consultation could go a long way and help you tremendously. Good luck!

Are you dealing with a child custody matter after your divorce?  Contact dedicated Saratoga Divorce Attorney Ashley Mahserjian for guidance.

This legal question was provided by Avvo and answered by Ashley Mahserjian, an experienced Saratoga Divorce Attorney.  This does not consent an attorney client relationship.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide

Leave a Reply