Saratoga Divorce Lawyer Discusses Divorce Decree Statute of Limitations

Divorce DecreeQuestion:

I have not received the full amount of money from my ex-husband as stated in the divorce decree – this has caused me to not sign the quit claim on that home. Do I have to sign this or do I still own 1/2 of the house since my name is on the title with his name.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide


You are still titled to the house. However, if the decree requires that you sign the deed, you are also in violation – unless the decree required that he pay you as a condition to receiving the deed. You should consult with an attorney who can review the decree and advise you of your rights and obligations.

This legal question was provided by a Avvo and answered by Jean Mahserjian an experienced Saratoga, New York Divorce Lawyer.  This does not consent an attorney client relationship.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide