3 Commonly Asked Divorce Questions
Are you going through the divorce process? Check out these 3 commonly asked divorce questions, then contact our office today to get the help you need.
1. How Should I Prepare for Divorce in NYS?
- How you prepare for Divorce in New York State depends upon the type of Divorce that you are going to have
- You are going to need tax returns and credit card statements, in order to outline your financial situation
- Depending on the type of Divorce, we may need to have you obtain other documents, or take other action to protect yourself
2. What is a No Fault Divorce in New York?
- A No Fault Divorce requires only one spouse swears, under oath, that their marriage has been irretrievably broken down for at least 6 months or longer
- A spouse who wants a Divorce in New York State can now obtain a Divorce without litigating issues, and without their spouse being able to prevent the Divorce for some other reason
3. How Do Grounds for Divorce Work in NYS?
- The Grounds for Divorce is the basis for the granting of the actual Divorce, and those Grounds are contained in New York statutes
- The Fault basis for Divorce includes abandonment, cruel and inhuman treatment, and adultery
- The No Fault basis simply requires the sworn statement of one spouse that the marriage has irretrievably broken down for a period of 6 months or longer
Are you or a loved one going through the divorce process and have questions about these 3 commonly asked divorce questions? Contact our Saratoga Divorce Attorneys today to maximize your compensation.
Like us on Facebook